1. Brazilian cuisine - food is culture in Brazil and each region has its own unique
dishes and flavours. The country cultivates the freshest and most diverse seafood, meat, fruit and vegetables so a trip is not complete without
sampling the best of it. Go North for indigenous foods, North East for African inspired dishes and Southeast for a mix of Middle Eastern and European influences. You can experience the whole range at Pousada do Capão in Minas Gerais, and don't forget to check out feijoada, Brazil's national dish.
2. Kitesurfing and surfing - Brazil's most popular watersports and the north east coast is the[/i] hotspot. Check out this great video about it
here. Some great destinations and pousadas for kitesurfing include Pousada 0031 in Cumbuco, Ceará, and for surfing Pousada Tãnara, Itacare, Bahia.
3. Checking out dolphins - a highly recommended destination to see pink dolphins is in the Amazon at Pousada Bela
Vista, Novo Airao and Pousada Uacari in Tefé.
4. Mountains - Brazil's most treasured natural wonders of the world and truly magnificent in person. Visits to the Sugarloaf mountains and Corcovado in Rio de Janeiro are a must, as is a trip to see the amazing mountains in Chapada Diamantina,
Bahia, also home to pousada Alcino Estalagem.
5. Historic churches - in every city, town, rural village in Brazil you will find a place of worship and in particular churches with decorative colonial and baroque architectureare amazing to
see. Places to visit and stay to see the most ornate churches include, Church de São Francisco in Salvador Bahia and Hotel Casa do Amarelindo and Pouso do Chico Rei in Ouro Preto, MinasGerais home to several churches including Nossa Senhora do Carmo.
6. Boat trips - whether it be floating up the river from Pousada da Lagoa in Caravia
to see the indigenous tribe, visiting the bay of Baia da Ilha Grande and staying at Vila Pedra Mar or taking a boat ride in
Ilha de Marajo, Pará from Casarão da Amazônia, breathtaking sights await you.
7. Horseriding - horse is still one of the main modes of transport in Brazil and the more rural you get the more vast and wonderful landscapes there are to explore />pousadas. Staying at farms like Pousada Fazenda Laranjal, in Paraná will give you exclusive access to horses.
8. Pre-historic paintings - style="font-family: inherit; margin: 0px;">Diamantina Minas Gerais are to be enjoyed whilst staying close by at
Pousada Relíquias do Tempo.
9. Whale watching - during (July- November) style="font-family: inherit; margin: 0px;"> here, and see them staying at Pousada Uai in Cumuruxatiba or Pouso do Tapeceiro, Santa Catarina.
10. Music night life - winning destinations for this are indisputablyRio de Janeiro city for an eclectic mix of music scenes, and Salvador Bahia for the creme of Afro Brasilian music. If coming to Rio and
want to know where to experience the best of it Ask Alison
Discover more destinations and places to stay